Sunday, 5 April 2026

Lake Kariba Saturday 4 April

 Meal last night was great. So far the food here has been excellent. Had a quiet night catching up with emails and the blogg, trying to coordinate photos between my phone and iPad. I couldn’t put the longer videos on as they exceed the limit, they are even better than the ones on the blogg.

This morning breakfast is not until 7.30. At last we can get to relax a bit. After breakfast we have fishing or sightseeing. The boys pick fishing and Luggy is confident he is going to out fish us today. There are nine of us going fishing, the bait is worms. This is very clean fishing as our lines are baited for us.

Sure enough Ross is the first to catch one, it is pretty small though and is released. Ross is getting bites and I am getting nothing. Luggy catches a fish and it is big enough to keep. There are a few being caught but I can’t get a bite. We move onto another area. I get a bite but miss. Then a little later I get a good tug and hook it but then the line gets snagged. I am not sure whether the fish is still on. One of the crew hands me back my rod and the fish is still on. I bring it to the boat and the crew net it and tell me not to touch it. It is an electric cat fish, can give a 200 volt jolt, it is a good size and put in the keep bucket. Luggy catches another one and a larger cat fish is caught. Ross is not having any luck. 

We move onto another spot and I quickly get hit up and bring in a bream. The captain is excited because that is what we have been looking for as they swim in schools. But alas no one else has any luck so we move onto another area where others land some fish. Then it is back to the houseboat at 11.30. We will have another chance this afternoon.

I have some luck, a piece of a branch, two small fish and a yabbie! Luggy claims he lost a big one in a snag and Ross was unsuccessful.

While we were fishing, Ann, Karen and Kaye had a sightseeing cruise and saw a group of 9 hippos and then a group of 15 in the water.

Dinner tonight was very nourishing, with bream fillets, rice, vegetables and coleslaw.

We have night fishing off the back of the boat. Very little action, one fish caught but snagged around underwater obstacle and by the time I left at 9.15 pm nothing else!


Moonlight fishing

Sunset



No comments:

Post a Comment

Homeward Bound

 Wednesday April 29 to Thursday 30 April Had a sleep in until 6.30 on my step tracker, unfortunately I had not synced it with my phone and i...